This page expresses my (personal) guidelines regarding sponsorship
of a debian package into the archive. If you're interested in
having me sponsor some of your work, be sure to please look this
short page over, and ensure you don't miss anything.
- Ask me over IRC, Email or in person if I'm interested in
sponsoring your work. Please use my Debian email address.
- Be sure to let me know if you're interested in long-term
or one-time sponsorship.
The back and forth
- Please don't increment the debian version when you update
the package. Only increment if the package has been uploaded
to the archive.
- Get in the habit of signing your uploads that you
- Send me either a dget-able URL, or a pointer to VCS.
- If you're using VCS, only use a Debian VCS.
- Ensure the package is lintian clean, both source and
binary. If not, you should explain why.
- Yes, this includes manpages.
- Is there a team you should co-maintain this with? If there
is, why are you not working with them?
- Are there warnings in the build process? If so, why?
- Does it install, upgrade and uninstall correctly?
- Did you install documentation?
- Did you run the test-suite? Does it obey
- Did you add build flag hardening? If not, why not?
- Do all the files under the source tree validate?
- Are all the licenses DFSG free? Have you applied the debian-legal tests on all the licenses?
- Please attach a list of all the licenses in the source
- Are all the licenses in the debian/copyright?
Nice to Have
- Does the package build with clang?