I'm Pierre-Elliott Bécue. I'm a former student of
fundamental mathematics at École Normale Supérieure de Cachan
(scolarship ended in August 2014), and a former PhD student at
Maison de la Simulation
(CEA Saclay, France) for the benefit
of Inria Bordeaux Sud-Ouest (my advisors
were Yves Coudière and Florian
On the 5th of December, I successfully defended my PhD in the Université de Bordeaux. This officially makes me a doctor. I don't know yet which powers this gives, but it's a nice closure of more than 4 years of efforts.
Currently, I'm working as an engineer for the IDS1 Conception Office of Agence Nationale de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information (ANSSI), the French public organization responsible of computer security for the public and vital infrastructures of the state.
In October 2018, I also became a Debian Developer2, 3, after (almost) one year as a Debian Maintainer4. I'm working on different fields in the Debian Project:
- Mailman3 suite -- I packaged, with the help of Jonas Meurer, the whole Mailman3 suite into Debian. It'll be part of the next stable release, Buster.
- LXC -- I decided to give help to the pkg-lxc team to get LXC3 into Buster. It is currently in experimental, and I hope to find some time to package LXD/distrobuilder before the freeze.
- Python packaging -- have a look at my Developper's page
- Quality Assurrance -- I'm working on the distro-tracker project, a Django website that provides a tracker for packages in the Debian Archive. It's due to replace the current tracker.
- New Member -- I try to find some time for NM website, although for now it's a little hard.
I'm also working as a NeoMutt developer, although my PhD deprived me of this pleasure for more than two years.
1 As « Intrusion Detection System ». An IDS is a device or a
software application that monitors either a network or any system for malicious activity or violation of
2 A Debian Developer is a full member of the Debian project. See this page for more information regarding this status.
3 See my account on nm.debian.org to review all public components of my application as a Debian Developer.
4 A Debian Maintainer is a person with a limited ability to upload packages to the Debian archive. He is not a member of the Debian project. See this page for more information regarding this status.